The availability of the museum’s collections and research materials is part of the museum’s mission to study and share information about Solano County’s past. Our staff is available to assist individuals and community members in researching our collection or local historical information.
Collections Research Policy
Accessing Research Assistance
Please call at least two weeks in advance of an on-site visit. Drop-in visits cannot be guaranteed attention. Permission is granted subject to curatorial review and availability of staff and workspace. A Research Access Request form is required of all researchers. This form can be completed at the Museum.
Museum staff members are happy to provide up to 30 minutes of research assistance at no charge. Additional research time is charged at $35.00 per hour and is available at the discretion of the Museum Director as it meets the museum’s purposes and resources. Discounted rates are available for non-profit organizations and students engaged in educational research.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted in the facilities.
- No permanent markers are allowed.
- Handling of documents and artifacts is subject to the approval of curatorial staff.
- Any photographing or copying must receive prior clearance and is for research purposes only.
- Photographic copies of collections are subject to written request and must be deemed appropriate to the museum’s purposes and resources.
- Any publication, electronic transmission, general distribution or commercial use must receive
approval in writing.
- Researchers are responsible for the accuracy and integrity of their work.
Appointments can be made by phone, (707) 447-4513, or email us at email@example.com.